To celebrate the UK launch of the world’s most powerful console, the Xbox Series X, Argos has enlisted the all-powerful former world champion Chris Eubank and a team of ex-boxers to safely deliver the first units at 12.01am on launch day – Tuesday November 10th*.
The leading retailer is inviting gaming fans across England to be amongst the first people to get their hands on the highly anticipated console and jump into the action hours before anyone else, via a special edition version of Argos’s market-leading Fast Track delivery service.
The knockout competition launches alongside a tongue-in-cheek video which sees Eubank surrounded by his boxing memorabilia whilst button mashing on the new Xbox Wireless Controller which accompanies every Xbox Series X, the world’s most powerful console. He realizes that, as some of the most ‘powerful’ people in the country, it is in fact him and his fellow ex-boxers who should be delivering the Xbox Series X console, before heading out to his own Argos Fast Track van. The full video can be viewed here:
To be in with a chance of winning one of three Xbox Series X consoles delivered by one of the mighty trio, fans must simply enter at https://competitions.argos.co.uk/xboxseriesx_competition_2020_11/ by midnight on Wednesday 4th November 2020. Even those lucky enough to have already pre ordered the device can enter!
Chris Eubank commented, “As one of the fastest and most powerful boxers in history, it only feels natural to deliver one of these mighty consoles more quickly than anyone else is able to…beating them to the punch, if you will.
This year has been a tough one, and I’m stupendously excited to be teaming up with my fellow ex-boxers to give winners across the nation a truly champion experience!”
Peter Wray, Senior Buyer at Sainsbury’s Argos, said, “We pride ourselves on our Fast Track delivery service, so being able to deliver one of the most in-demand consoles of the year to our customers, just one minute after launch, provides the ultimate convenience. Partnering with Chris Eubank and his team of ex-boxers has enabled us to create even more of a memorable experience for our customers during this monumental launch.”
The Xbox Series X goes on sale across the UK on Tuesday 10th November from £449.99. Customers can find out more information about the Xbox Series X and register their interest at https://competitions.argos.co.uk/xbox_series_x_register_your_interest/
Terms and Conditions
*No purchase necessary.
1. Only one entry per person.
2. The prize draw is open to all residents within England, including those that have already pre-ordered an Xbox Series X, except employees of Argos Limited.
3. The prize is as follows: 1st prize – Delivery of Xbox Series X by Chris Eubank. X2 Runner up prizes, delivery of Xbox Series X by an Ex-Boxer
4. To enter the prize draw you will be asked to provide your name and contact details.
5. The information you provide here will be safeguarded under the Data Protection Act and controlled by Argos Limited.
6. The prize draw ends at 23:59 on Wednesday 4th November 2020
7. The winning entry will be selected by an independent judge and the judge’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. No cash alternatives will be substituted for the prize. The promoter reserves the right to offer alternative items/activities of a greater or equivalent value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
9. Use of a false name or address will disqualify any applicant from receiving the prize.
10. The winner may be required to participate in post-event publicity arranged by or on behalf of the promoter.
11. Promoted by Argos Distributors Limited, 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Saxon Gate West, Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW.
12. Details of the major winners can be requested by sending a SAE to the address above after the closing date.
13. If the prize is not claimed within 24 hours, we reserve the right to redraw.
14. For marketing or administrative purposes relating to this competition, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area.
15. Entrant must provide address within 24 hours of closing date in order to receive prize by 12:01 on Tuesday 10th November. 1st prize is only open to those living within 1 hour’s drive of Brighton. Runner up prizes open to addresses in England only. Photography will be taken of the winner receiving the delivery. By entering this competition, you agree for this photograph to be used for media and PR purposes