Q3 Performance Remains Steady Thanks to Strong Interest from Overseas Players
Netmarble Corp., a global mobile game company focused on creating entertaining gaming experiences for players of all ages, revealed their financial results for the third quarter of 2020.
“We continue to see strong results at the end of our third quarter with significant overseas sales coming from our line-up of existing games,” said Seungwon Lee, Co-CEO of Netmarble. “We have positive expectations for the recent global launch of A3: STILL ALIVE, our upcoming regional launch of Seven Knights 2, and Kabam’s upcoming release of MARVEL Realm of Champions.”
“We’re looking forward to what 2021 will bring as we continue to deliver an exciting slate of new games next year, including Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds, Seven Knights Revolution, and MARVEL Future Revolution,” said Lee. “Thanks to our new partnership with the NBA and NBPA, we are committed to the continued growth of our portfolio through genre expansion”.
Selected highlights from Netmarble’s third quarter include:
- $535 million in total sales, $73 million in operating profit, and a net profit of $77 million from July through September. Cumulative sales for 2020 are estimated at $1.55 billion, with an operating profit of $158 million.
- Total sales increased by 3.6% year-over-year and decreased by 6.3% quarter-on-quarter. Operating profit increased 3.6% year-over-year and 7% quarter-on-quarter.
- Net profit increased by 9.2% year-over-year and 8.6% quarter-on-quarter.
- Overseas sales accounted for 75% ($399 million) of overall sales in the third quarter. This follows Netmarble’s second quarter which offered the highest figure of overseas sales, and continues to follow an increasing trend in global sales thanks to the worldwide success of titles such The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross (17% of revenue earned), MARVEL Contest of Champions (15% of revenue earned) (Kabam), Lineage 2: Revolution (9% of revenue earned) and Blade&Soul Revolution (8% of revenue earned).
- Genre portfolio showed diversification across RPG (40%), Casual (25%), MMORPG (23%), and others (12%).
A breakdown of the total financial earnings is below:
7/1/20-9/30/20 actualsYoY ChangesQoQ Changes
Total Sales $535 million +3.6% -6.3%
Operating Pxrofit $73 million +3.6% +7.0%
Net Profit $77 million +9.2% +8.6%
For details on Netmarble’s quarterly performance, and to listen to the earnings call, please visit the company’s Investor Relations page to learn more.