On behalf of Cloud Imperium Games, we’re excited to share news that the largest in-game event in the Star Citizen universe begins tomorrow as ship manufacturers from every corner of the galaxy make final preparations for Day 1 of the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE) 2950. Starting on Nov. 20 and running through Dec. 2, the IAE offers brand new pilots the opportunity to download and play Star Citizen for free during the event. Pilots will also have the opportunity to step into the cockpit of over 100 vehicles from the vast spectrum of ships featured in Star Citizen. Please find full details on highlights from this year’s IAE 2950 and supporting assets below.
Join the Star Citizen community for the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE) 2950. Highlights for this year’s event, include:
- Download and play Star Citizen for free during IAE 2950. New pilots may sign up and start flying here.
- See and fly over 100 ships in Star Citizen for free! This is the first time IAE officials have made this many flyable ships eligible for the Test Fly program.
- The highly anticipated Crusader Mercury Star Runner will be flyable for the first time ever.
- A special surprise reveal for attendees from innovative manufacturer Consolidated Outlands.
- “Best in Show” ship awards begin on Nov. 29 and run through Dec. 2 in the New Babbage Expo Hall.
- Explore the New Babbage Expo Hall for the first time, with manufacturers of vehicles, weapons, and armor showcasing their latest ships, concept designs, and gear every day.
- View daily coverage and updates from Jax McCleary, the award-winning journalist and host of the wildly popular Galactic Gears spectrum show. Jax will bring viewers the latest directly from the New Babbage Expo Hall, with hot takes on the latest ship models on show.
The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo runs from Friday, November 20 through Wednesday, December 2. The gates to the New Babbage Expo Hall will open for backers at 8:00 a.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on November 20, with Free Fly activities commencing later in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time).
Located for the first time in the stunning New Babbage Expo Hall built specifically for IAE 2950, ship manufacturers from across the ‘verse will showcase their latest vessels and concept designs. Attendees will be treated with fresh activities and new ships on show each day.